What is Kosher
C’è pasta …e pasta ! pays particular attention to kosher cooking, renowned for its quality and authenticity. The Chief Rabbinate of Rome oversees the manufacturing process of the food made so that it respects the rules of the religious Jewish cuisine.
In an age where there is a strong emphasis on food contamination, kosher products state and offer a healthy and controlled preparation process at every stage.
The Jewish religion imposes characteristics of purity that a food must have to be defined kosher , it must comply with :
• It must not derive from a mixture of milk and meat ;
• It must be from animals that have cloven hooves and that are ruminants and must not be carnivores ;
• Milk and dairy products can be consumed only if they are derived from kosher animals ( cow , goat, sheep , etc …) ;
• all foods not derived from milk or meat can be eaten (fruits, vegetables and fish);
• absence of GMOs , artificial flavors, colors , preservatives ;
• particular attention to the treatment of animals before and during slaughter.
These rules outline a healthy diet and requires the manufacturer a great deal of neatness and accuracy.
The Jewish cuisine , also known as “Jewish-Roman” , now occupies an important place in traditional Roman cuisine .
Among the most famous dishes are the artichokes, the anchovies with endive , beef stew , omelets , etc. ..